Gluten Free Rolls (dairy free option)
These gluten free rolls are perfectly soft, fluffy and so easy to make! Ready in just one hour, they are the perfect addition to any meal and will be enjoyed by everyone, gluten-eaters included! Dairy free option included.
- 3 cups high quality gluten free flour (see notes)
- 1 T potato flakes (NOT potato flour)
- 1 T gluten free instant yeast, room temperature
- 3 T sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup powdered milk (optional, but highly suggested - omit if dairy free)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (see notes for dairy free)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups water, just warmer than room temperature
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer in order listed. Add the salt and sugar on opposite sides of the bowl.
- Mix on low until ingredients start to combine, then on medium for 3 minutes. The mixture will be thick to start and then soften after a minute or so. The dough should be sticky and softer than regular roll dough, more like a sticky cookie dough.
- If it is too dry (not sticky, easily handled, or crumbly), add a tablespoon or two of water.
- Click here to view complete recipe