Dairy-Free Almond Feta “Cheese”
- 2 cups blanched almonds, soaked in water for 12 to 24 hours
- 1 cup Easy Rejuvelac (recipe below or store-bought) or juice from sauerkraut
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 tablespoons agar powder
- 6 cups water
- ¾ cup sea salt or kosher salt
- For the almond feta, drain and rinse the almonds. Place them in your blender with the rejuvelac and salt, and process on the highest setting for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth and no longer grainy to the tongue.
- Pour the mixture into a clean container and cover with a nonpermeable lid or plastic wrap.
- Leave on your kitchen counter for 1 to 2 days to culture, making sure you taste it each day, until it begins to get tangy. Keep in mind there is no hard and fast rule about how long it needs to culture—your taste buds will have to guide you in determining the right length of time. In warmer weather, it could be just a day, while in cooler weather, it could take 2 days or even longer.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here