Cauliflower Bacon Gratin
Do you love Potatoes Au Gratin or Potato Gratin Muffin Stacks? This Cauliflower Bacon Gratin recipe is a low-carb delicious dish to serve for a cozy gathering, a holiday potluck or a weeknight meal. Cauliflower gratin is a winner at every table, because who doesn't love bacon?
- 10 slices of bacon cooked and chopped
- 8 cups of cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 Tbsp. flour
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 4 cups 1 % milk thicker sauce, use light whipping cream
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese I use Tillamook’s Extra Sharp plus a little more for topping
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- Salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Fresh parsley chopped
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy and browned. Set aside on paper towel.
- Heat a large pot of salted water on high until boiling. Add the cauliflower and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour, stirring constantly. Stir in the milk, and stir constantly until thick and creamy. Stir in the cheese, nutmeg, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Click here to view complete recipe