CAST IRON SKILLET MAPLE CINNAMON SCONES
- 2 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or any flavoring you like
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup half and half or whole milk
- softened butter to grease pan
- optional additions: 1 cup to 2 cups chopped dried fruit, chocolate chips or other flavored chips, chopped nuts, or a combination of any of these
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon mixed with 2 tablespoons white sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the butter. Combine until the mixture is crumbly. We find that using clean hands to combine this dough is easiest. It’s GOOD to have some larger, not uniform chunks of butter in this dough.
- Add in the fruit, chips, and/or nuts, if they are being used.
- Click here to view complete recipe