BUFFALO CHICKPEA TAQUITOS
These Buffalo Chickpea Taquitos are crispy, spicy, and satisfying! No chicken needed for this protein-rich and delicious recipe. The taquitos are gluten-free, vegan, and easy to make.
Buffalo chickpea sauce:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (or one 15 oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (passata)
- 3 tbsp hot sauce (or more to taste)
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Spice mix: 1 tsp onion powder, 3/4 tsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar), 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, sea salt, ground pepper, and chili powder to taste
- 10 small tortillas (gluten-free if needed) about 14 cm in diameter
- Dipping Sauce (optional):
- vegan cheese sauce (or your favorite dipping sauce)
- Using a fork, roughly mash the chickpeas in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan/skillet over medium heat and add the chopped onion and bell pepper.
- Cook for 3 minutes, then add garlic and spice mix and sauté for a further minute.
- Click here to view complete recipe