Authentic Pasta Carbonara
Authentic Pasta Carbonara is easy to make, full of bacon flavor, and smothered in a cheesy egg sauce that will make you crave more.
- 1 pound spaghetti pasta
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound thick cut bacon or pancetta diced
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated pecorino romano cheese divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the pasta water before draining.
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon (or pancetta) over medium heat until crisp, about 7 to 10 minutes. Drain fat from bacon, reserving just 2 tablespoons of the grease.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks, eggs, and 1 cup pecorino romano cheese.
- Click here to view more instructions