VEGETABLE BARLEY SOUP
This hearty Vegetable Barley Soup is packed with veggies and perfect for chasing away the winter chill!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley leaves, plus extra for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery to oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Saute veggies until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Click here to get more instructions