VEGAN ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA
10-ingredient roasted red pepper pasta with a creamy, savory-sweet red pepper sauce and fresh parsley. Light, healthy, and simple, yet incredibly satisfying.
- 2 (~119 g each) red bell peppers
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium shallots* (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic* (finely chopped)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Original Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder (or other thickener of choice)
- 1 pinch red pepper flake (optional // for heat)
- 12 ounces gluten-free linguini or spaghetti noodles (or other noodle of choice)
FOR SERVING optional
- Vegan parmesan cheese
- Finely chopped fresh parsley or basil
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F (260 C) and roast red peppers on a baking sheet until charred - about 25-30 minutes. Cover in foil for 10 minutes to steam, then remove (peel away) charred skin, seeds and stems. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain, toss in a touch of olive oil, cover with a towel and set aside.
- While the red peppers are roasting, bring a large skillet over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until golden brown and soft - about 4-5 minutes. Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Click here to get more instructions