Whisk, pour and swirl! These vegan crepes are super easy to make, and can be eaten as part of a sweet breakfast or stuffed with savory fillings for an elegant dinner.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups unflavored soy or almond milk
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil, any neutral-flavored oil suitable for baking, such as canola, plus extra for the pan
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup, optional
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract, optional
- up to 1/3 cup water
- Place all ingredients except water into a medium mixing bowl and whisk together until completely smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Start with a test crepe. Very lightly oil the surface of a nonstick frying pan and place over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add about 1/4 cup of batter and quickly swirl it around until the entire bottom surface of the pan is coated and batter takes on a generally circular shape. Cook just until the edges start to pull away from the bottom of the pan, about a minute. Very carefully flip and cook 10-15 seconds more on other side. Slide the crepe out of the pan and onto a plate.
- Click here to get more instructions