TEX MEX QUESO
- 1TB canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 1 c. half and half
- 1 lb yellow american cheese, sliced from the deli counter
- handful of chopped fresh cilantro (about 10-15 sprigs)
- 1/4 c. pico de gallo (optional)
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add the onion and jalapeno and saute until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Pour in the half and half and reduce the heat to medium-low. Tear your cheese slices into smaller portions and gradually add them to the pot, stirring constantly.
- Do not add more cheese until the previous slices have already mostly melted and combined.
- Click here to get more instructions