Sweet Potato Turkey Sausage Egg Bake
With an adequate source of carbohydrates, fat and proteins, this egg bake is a satisfying breakfast option. It’s a delicious way to start the day and re-heats nicely so great for enjoying as leftovers.
- ½ Tbsp. Organic Valley Ghee
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed (~2 cups cubed)
- ½ lb. turkey sausage (to make your own see below*) Could also sub 4-6 strips of bacon or 1 cup cubed ham
- ½ small red onion, chopped or sliced (about 1/3-1/2 cup)
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped or sliced (½-2/3 cup)
- 3-4 cups spinach leaves
- 7 Organic Valley whole eggs
- Sea salt & pepper
- Avocado, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease a 9×9-inch round or square glass dish with coconut oil or organic cooking spray.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the ghee on medium-high heat. Once hot, add sweet potato cubes. Dash with sea salt. Cover and let cook for about 10-15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are slightly tender. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in another sauté pan on medium-high heat, begin to brown turkey sausage if raw. If pre-cooked omit this step and simply crumble or chop.
- Click here to get more instructions