SWEET POTATO CHICKPEA BURGERS
Meal planning for the week? You totally need these sweet potato chickpea burgers! Aside from being healthy, vegan, and gluten-free, these tasty freezer-friendly veggie burgers are just plain delicious!
- 1.5 cups cooked mashed sweet potato
- 15 oz can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 15 oz can of cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2-1 cup of diced bell pepper
- 1 medium-large jalapeno diced
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 flax eggs
- 1.5-2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 2-4 TBSP extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend (I love using Mrs. Dash)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper, parsley, and red pepper flakes, to taste
- To start, prep your flax eggs by adding 9 tablespoons of water to 3 tablespoons of ground flax seeds.
- Whisk together and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes to set.
- Bake or microwave your sweet potato and remove/discard the skin. Set aside.
- Get more instructions >> Click Here