SWEET ONION AND HERB QUICHE
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup chopped herbs, I used thyme and chives
- 2 Tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used an Italian blend, you can use cheddar, or whatever you like)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Set oven to 400F
- Peel and very thinly slice the onion. I used the 1/8 inch setting on my mandoline, but you can use a knife if you like, just get the slices as thin as possible. Break apart the rings and pile the onions right into the frozen (not thawed) crust. Even them out from side to side. you may not need the entire onion if yours is large.
- Whisk the eggs and cream together, making sure to break up the eggs completely. Stir in the herbs, mustard, and Parmesan. Add salt and pepper.
- Click here to get more instructions