Smothered Chicken with Rice
- 6-8 small chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 3 can(s) cream of mushroom soup
- 2 c fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 3 c instant white or brown rice (prepared)
- fresh ground pepper
- garlic powder
How to Make Smothered Chicken with Rice
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare rice according to package..enough to cover the entire bottom of a deep 9x13 glass baking dish (3 servings)..in the meantime, in a large skillet heat enough Olive Oil to cover the bottom..coat chicken thighs on both sides with Olive oil as well.
- Use desired amounts of salt, pepper and garlic powder to flavor. When the Olive Oil is hot, turn heat down to medium to medium-high and add minced garlic to the oil. Let Garlic sautee in the oil for about 1 min, then add Chicken..skin down in the pan.
- Click here to get more instructions