SKINNY FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute, stirring frequently, until fragrant. Sprinkle in flour and stir to combine. Cook for another minute then slowly pour in the chicken broth and milk, whisking to combine.
- Click here to get more instructions