Roasted Garlic Hummus
Mellow roasted garlic is blended with chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, and lemon juice for a fresh, creamy Roasted Garlic Hummus that’s delicious with homemade pita chips or crunchy veggie dippers!
- 1 large head of garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas/garbanzo beans (about 3 cups total), liquid drained & reserved
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for garnish
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus additional to taste
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 to 4 tablespoons reserved liquid from canned chickpeas, plus additional as needed
- Smoked paprika and minced fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Homemade Pita Wedges, pita chips, crackers, and/or raw vegetable dippers, for serving
- Place the oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 400°F. Peel away the outer skin of the head of garlic while leaving all of the cloves intact. Cut a 1/2-inch slice off the top of the head of garlic so that the cloves are exposed; discard the top. Set the head of garlic on a square of foil, drizzle with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, and wrap in the foil. Set on a pan and roast for 40 minutes.
- Get complete recipe >> Click Here