ROASTED CHICKPEA SALAD WITH VEGAN RANCH DRESSING
This Roasted Chickpea Salad is packed with nutritious vegetables and protein, perfect for an on-the-go lunch. The vegan ranch dressing is so flavorful!
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (preferably organic)
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
For the ranch dressing:
- 12 ounces soft silken tofu
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, or other non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Place onto a kitchen towel; pat dry. In a medium bowl, add chickpeas, 1 teaspoon salt, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper (if using); stir until chickpeas are evenly coated. Place on the baking sheet in an even layer; bake for 14-16 minutes, until crunchy.
- In a large bowl, add lettuce, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, corn, and avocado. When chickpeas are done, add to the bowl. Stir well; set aside.
- Get full recipe >> Click Here