Old Fashioned Chocolate Meringue Pie
- 1 9" pie crust (blind baked and cooled)
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 and 1/2 cups milk (canned, whole, or half and half and you can mix them)
- 4 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl combine flour and cocoa powder with a wire whisk; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, add sugar and flour mixture. Whisk together with a wire whisk mixing well.
- In a small bowl, mix egg yolks and milk until well mixed. Add to the flour mixture and stir with a wire whisk until sugar is dissolved and egg yolks well incorporated.
- click here to get more instructions