NO-BAKE MATCHA GREEN TEA CHEESECAKE [DAIRY-FREE-GLUTEN-FREE-PALEO-AIP]
This recipe is 100% compliant with the strict elimination phase of the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP).
For the crust:
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8 Medjool dates (about 5 ounces), pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
For the filling:
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut cream (or 1 1/2 cups) - you can also use the cream scooped off the top of at least 3 cans of full fat coconut milk which have been refrigerated for 24 hours (the cream separates from the water at cold temperatures).
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 1/4 cup warm water (about 105-110°F - you should be able to hold the tip of your finger comfortably in the water)
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder (use this one)
- Dried lavender flowers, for garnish
- Equipment needed: 1 (7-inch) round springform cake pan or 1 (7-inch) regular round cake pan - parchment paper - food processor
- To make the crust: If using a regular cake pan, line the bottom and sides with parchment paper. If using a springform pan, line only the bottom.
- Combine shredded coconut, dates, and coconut oil in a food processor. Mix on high until coconut mixture become grainy, about 20 seconds.
- Transfer to the bottom of the pan and spread crust evenly with your fingers or a spatula, ensuring the mixture is packed firmly. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling
- Click here to get more instructions