“Matcha” Green Tea Macaron Recipe
A beloved Japanese flavor in macaron form. Matcha green tea is infused into the shells making the macaron extra flavorful. White chocolate ganache is sandwiched in between for a delicious flavor pairing.
Ingredients for the Shells:
- 65 grams almond flour (Read: How to make your own almond flour)
- 65 grams powdered sugar
- 45 grams castor sugar (or a.k.a “berry” sugar or extra fine granulated sugar)
- 50 grams egg white - aged* (Read: How to age egg whites)
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar or 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Green GEL Colour of your choice (DO NOT use liquid color)
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
Ingredients for the Filling:
- Set aged egg whites out at room temperature.
- Print out free macaron template in the Subscriber's Only Area.
- Pulse almond flour, icing sugar, and matcha powder together in a food processor.
- Get more instructions >> Click here