How to Make Pesto With Any Herb
While pesto sauce is a delicious Italian classic used for pasta, you can use it in many other different ways. From drizzling on roasted veggies to spreading on sandwiches to dressing salads, pesto is a fresh way of livening up any meal. Use pesto sauce in your pastas, on your pizzas or as a marinade for chicken or fish.
- 3 cups tightly packed basil leaves
- 2/3 cup pine nuts
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients except for the oil to a food processor.
- Pulse 4 to 5 times until the ingredients are roughly chopped.
- Turn on the food processor, and slowly drizzle in the oil through the lid opening. Process to your desired consistency. You can make the sauce completely smooth or leave it fairly chunky.
- Click here to get more instructions