Easy vegan on-the-go lunches
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 large (or two small) head of broccoli, florets removed and chopped to a uniform size
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1-2 Tbsp. dijon mustard*
- 2-3 Tbsp. honey (or maple syrup for vegans)**
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 2 handfuls chopped walnuts or almonds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, then set aside.
- Toss broccoli florets in 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and place on the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Combine dijon, honey/maple syrup, lemon, garlic, and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil in a small bowl or cup and stir to combine. The dressing will be thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- When the broccoli is roasted, carefully pour it into a food processor. Pulse until small pieces of broccoli remain (see photos).
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa and pulsed broccoli.
- Get more vegan lunch recipe >> Click Here