creamy chicken gnocchi soup
- 4 slices bacon, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chicken bouillon *see note
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 can (354g) chicken, drained (I recommend Kirkland brand from Costco) or 1 cup leftover cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 package frozen spinach (150g)
- 2 cans (370 ml each) evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 (750g) package gnocchi
- 1/2 tsp salt *see note
- In a large soup pot heat the bacon, onion, carrot, and celery over medium low heat until onion is soft.
- Add in the garlic, bouillon, basil, oregano, and thyme. Cook one minute.
- Add in the chicken and spinach. Stir occasionally until spinach is defrosted.
- Click here to get more instructions