Baked Lemon Chicken with Asparagus
Easy, healthy Baked Lemon Chicken with garlic, rosemary, potatoes, and asparagus. Everything cooks on ONE pan. Delicious and perfect for busy weeknights!
- 1 pound baby red potatoes — cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil — divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary — divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt — divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper — divided
- 2 pounds thin asparagus — tough ends trimmed and discarded, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 2 bunches)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts — or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large lemon — juice and zest (you should have about 1/4 cup lemon juice total)
- Salt — and freshly ground black pepper
- Place a rack in the center of your oven, then preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Generously coat a large, rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place the potatoes in the center and top with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss to coat, then spread into an even layer. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the asparagus, chicken, and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with the lemon juice and add the lemon zest, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss to coat, then transfer to the baking pan with the potatoes. With a spatula, loosely toss the ingredients so that they are evenly combined and spread into an even layer. Overlap the chicken as little as possible.
- Click here to get more instructions