6-Ingredient Easy Lentil Tacos
- 1 cup dry lentils or 2 cups cooked lentils
- Nonstick olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped peppers (a mixture of bell peppers and jalapeño if more heat is desired)
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 six-inch high fiber tortillas or lettuce leaves
- Optional: Avocado, Cilantro, Salsa
- Prepare lentils according to package directions or use pre-packaged steamed lentils (like those from Trader Joe’s).
- Add onions, garlic and peppers to a large sauté pan lightly coated with olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute for about 3-5 minutes or until onions begin to soften.
- Click here to get more instructions