SWEET POTATO FRITTERS WITH SWEET & SPICY SAUCE
Lightly seasoned and pan fried these sweet potato fritters are served up with a sweet and spicy sauce. Perfect for tailgating or as an easy side dish.
For the Fritters:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tsp grated ginger root
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup + 1 TBSP all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground fennel
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt plus more for after frying
- peanut or coconut oil for frying
For the sauce:
- Wash, peel, and grate sweet potato using the coarse section of a grater.
- Grate ginger using a fine grater or microplane.
- Place grated sweet potato, grated ginger, and egg in a medium to large mixing bowl. Add the flour, cinnamon, fennel, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix together thoroughly.
- Click here to view full recipe