Super Summer Detox Salad
A healthy and filling detox salad loaded with antioxidant rich ingredients like kale, cherries, walnuts, and artichokes in a light lemon dressing.
- 1/2 cup uncooked farro — or quinoa
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, — about 1 large or 2 small lemons
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, — plus additional for cooking the farro
- 1 large bunch kale leaves — (about 10 to 12 ounces) destemmed and chopped
- 1 cup pitted cherries — halved
- 1 can chickpeas — (15 ounces) rinsed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 can artichoke hearts — (14 ounces) rinsed and sliced into quarters if large
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut halves — roughly chopped
- Place the farro in a medium saucepan with 1 1/2 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, then simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the water is absorbed and the farro is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl. While the farro cooks, prepare the other ingredients.
- Get full recipe >> Click Here