SOFT CHEWY SUGAR COOKIES
These buttery, vanilla scented, Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies demonstrate how utterly delicious the simple things can be.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar for rolling cookies
- 1 tsp finely minced lemon lime or orange zest (if making a citrus version)
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until quite light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. (Add the citrus zest here if using it.)
- Fold in the dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.
- Refrigerate the dough for an hour or so, especially if you are working in a hot kitchen.
- Read more instructions >> Click Here