This is a fabulous way to enjoy cabbage. Crispy and slightly caramelized with onions and garlic.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 medium head green cabbage sliced into 3/4" thick slices
- 2 Tablespoons butter cut into 2 pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes optional
- Heat a 12" skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until onion is softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir, cooking an additional 30 seconds.
- Turn heat up to medium-high heat and add about 1/3 of the cabbage. Stir to mix onions and garlic with the cabbage.
- Now leave it alone and let the cabbage start to brown, but be careful not to let it burn. Using a spatula, turn the cabbage over and let other side brown slightly. Season lightly with a dash of salt.
- Click here to view full recipe