SAUSAGE STUFFED SHELLS WITH SPINACH RECIPE
Easy Cheesy Stuffed Pasta Shells are a delicious main deal for the whole family. This recipe combines ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses, and spinach stuffed into the shells. A spicy layer of Hot or Mild Italian sausage completes the meal. A family favorite Italian dinner!
- 1 package jumbo pasta shells 16oz
- 4 cups ricotta or cottage cheese
- 12 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 4 tsp garlic powder *see note
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cup parmesan grated or shredded is fine
- 45 oz spaghetti sauce large jar
- 4 cups spinach rough chopped and stems removed if you prefer
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- dried parsley for garnish
- 1/2 tsp pepper optional
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble the sausage. Drain any excess fat and remove from heat. In the same saucepan, cook spinach until wilted or about 1-2 minutes. Cook the shells according to package directions (I cook them until they are pliable for filling and no more).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, 8oz of mozzarella, 1/2 cup of parmesan, eggs, oregano, garlic powder, and pepper (optional). Stir in the spinach.
- Coat the bottom of a 9x13in pan with the entire jar of spaghetti sauce. Spoon the cheese mixture into the shells and place shells open side up, very close together in the dish.
- Click here to view full recipe