OUR FAVORITE SCRATCH CARROT CAKE RECIPE!
- 2 1/2 cups (325g) All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups (400g) Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 cup (218 g) Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups (180 g) Grated Carrots
- 3/4 cup (92 g) Chopped Pecans
- 3/4 cup (50 g) Coconut (I used Bakers Angel Flake Sweetened coconut)
- 1 8oz can Crushed Pineapple (put in strainer and let juice drain. I used a fork to press out more liquid.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line the bottoms of 3 (8inch) or 2 (9inch) round pans with wax or parchment paper, grease with shortening and flour the paper and pans for easy release when turning out......carrot cake has a tendency to stick so be sure to use the paper.
- Whisk together for 30 seconds the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set Aside.
- Click here to view full recipe