Monte Cristo Style Breakfast Casserole
A yummy all in one breakfast casserole, this Monte Cristo version features chopped ham and melted Swiss cheese.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half & half, or fuller fat milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 6 cups slightly stale, cubed French bread
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- powdered sugar optional, for garnish
- raspberry preserves, warmed until stirrable optional, for garnish
- Add the eggs, half and half, mustard, nutmeg, and salt & pepper to a large bowl. Whisk together until the mixture's completely smooth.
- Add the bread, stirring until all of the bread is well coated with egg.
- Stir in the ham and half of the cheese until evenly incorporated.
- Click here to get more instructions