MEXICAN STYLE AVOCADO EGG SALAD
This Mexican Style Avocado Egg Salad is a little like guacamole meets egg salad minus the mayo. It's made with avocado, celery, purple onion, cilantro, jalapeño and lime juice. Super simple and super delicious!
- 6 large hard boiled eggs , diced
- 1/4 cup purple onion, minced
- 1/4 cup celery, minced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and mashed (leaving a few chunks)
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- juice of 1 large lime
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the eggs, purple onion and celery. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, mash the avocado leaving some chunks.
- Add the jalapeño, lemon juice, and onion and garlic powders. (The lemon juice is to keep the avocado from browning).
- Click here to view full recipe