HONEY GLAZED HASSELBACK BUTTERNUT SQUASH
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 1kg | 2.2lb)
- ¼ cup (80g | 2.8oz) unpasteurized honey
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp salt (I use Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3-4 tbsp chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and place a rack in the top third position.
- Carefully cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise, then scoop out the seeds and pulp and discard. Next, with the help of a vegetable peeler, remove the tough outer skin as well as the thin whitish layer beneath it, in order to completely expose the bright orange flesh of the gourd.
- Place both squash halves cut side down on a roasting pan and bake for 20 minutes; remove from oven and let cool until you can safely handle the squash with your bare fingers, about 5 minutes.
- Click here to get full recipe