HOMEMADE POP ROCKS RECIPE
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons citric acid, divided (see recipe note)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- Gel or liquid food coloring, your choice of color
- Dust the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet with the confectioners’ sugar. Be sure to coat the surface.
- Combine the baking soda and 1/4 cup of the citric acid in a small bowl, and mix gently to combine. Set to the side.
- Clip your candy thermometer to the side of a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, or have your instant-read thermometer at the ready. Place the sugar, honey and water in the pan. Stir to combine.
- Click here to view full recipe