EASY ENGLISH SCONES RECIPE
This easy English Scones Recipe is perfect for entertaining guests! A traditional tasty English teatime treat that’s so easy to make at home.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (320g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 stick cold butter (85g)
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk (175ml)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl mix flour with the salt, baking powder, and sugar. Add the butter, then rub it in with your fingers until the mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Heat up the milk on the stove until warm, but not hot. Add the vanilla and lemon juice, then set aside for a moment. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat and put it in the oven.
- Click here to view full recipe