EASY CHICKEN FAJITA CASSEROLE – LOW CARB, KETO, THM S
Fajita chicken, onions, and peppers baked in a creamy cheese sauce? This Easy Chicken Fajita Casserole may be my favorite casserole yet. It is perfect with a dollop of sour cream and my Easy Guacamole on top and paired with a fresh green salad.
- 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 red pepper seeded and sliced into small strips
- 1 large onion peeled and sliced into small strips
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz shredded cheddar
- 1.5 tbsp fajita seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350. Put chicken in the casserole dish you will be using for this dish. Cover with foil and bake until cooked to 160 degrees, about 30-40 min.
- Cool for a few minutes and then shred or chop into bite-sized pieces. Drain any cooking liquid from the casserole dish.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan coated with cooking spray, cook the pepper and onion over medium-low heat until they are golden and soft. I let mine caramelize the entire time the chicken was in the oven. I just left the heat between low and me
- Click here to view full recipe