Dried Cherry Pistachio Scones
Buttery, flaky and studded with dried cherries and crunchy pistachios these scones are full of flavor.
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 Tablespoons butter frozen
- 1/2 c Greek yogurt sour cream may be substituted for the yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup dried cherries chopped
- 1 cup pistachios chopped (plain or roasted pistachio will be good in this recipe. I used a roasted and salted variety for this recipe.)Glaze optional -
- 3 T melted butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspon vanilla flavoring
- 2 T freshly squeezed orange juice
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture has large pea sized crumbles. Or, if you're butter is frozen grate it on the large-hole side of a cheese grater. Then, simple stir the butter into flour.
- In a small bowl, stir together yogurt and egg. Add to dry ingredients.
- Carefully stir in dried cherries and pistachios.
- Click here to get more instructions