Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread.
My piece of advice? Make more than 1 loaf. This bread disappears! Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled or baked in batches.
- 1 and 1/2 cups (225g) shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour1 (measured correctly)
- 1/2 cup (42g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder (not dutch process)2
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee powder (or 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder)3
- 3/4 cup (135g) semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips4
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60g) plain Greek yogurt5
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar6
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray a 9x5 (or 8x4) loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Place the shredded zucchini on a couple paper towels to absorb some (but not all!) moisture. Press a paper towel on top as well. Set aside until step 4.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, instant coffee, and chocolate chips together until combined. Set aside.
- Click here to view more instructions