Crispy Fried Cheese Curds
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk, divided
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound of cheese curds (or more, or less - really as much as you are willing to eat)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Heat oil on stove over medium to medium high heat while preparing the curds.
- In a small bowl add 1/2 cup of buttermilk. Set aside.
- In a third bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne pepper, mix well.
- Take curds and dip into buttermilk. Then dip into flour mixture and set aside. Do this to all of the curds.
- Click here to view full recipe