Chrispy Spring Rolls
- 1 lb ground chicken thighs
- 1/2 medium cabbage about 32 oz
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1 carrot shredded (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup onion
- 3 oz uncooked rice noodles
- About 35 spring roll wraps
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt use 3/4 tsp if you plan to dip the spring rolls in soy sauce
- Canola oil for frying
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a small pan and sauté the chopped onion until translucent.
- Add the chopped celery to the onion and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Place the bean threads in a heatproof bowl and submerge them in boiling water for about 4-5 minutes. Drain the water out using a mesh strainer and roughly cut through the noodles with kitchen shears.
- Finely chop the cabbage and submerge it in hot water for 5 minutes as well. Strain the cabbage of all water and set it aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine bean threads, cabbage, shredded carrot, ground chicken thighs, and the sautéed onion and celery. Season with salt and pepper. As mentioned in the ingredient list, use less salt if you plan to dip the rolls in soy sauce.
- Get more instructions >> Click here