“CHOKITO” CHOCOLATE CARAMEL SLICE
This “Chokito” Chocolate Caramel Slice is my take on that famous Australian treat, the Chokito chocolate bar. Easy caramel fudge sandwiched between two layers of chocolate and rice krispies.
- 57 g / 1/2 stick / 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 can / 200g / 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 100 g / 1/2 cup packed / 3.5oz dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons liquid glucose (or light corn syrup) (notes)
- 100 g white chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 500 g milk chocolate
- 1 1/2 cup puffed rice
- Chop the white chocolate up finely. Line a square 8x8 inch baking pan with baking paper.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk, sugar, glucose (or corn syrup) and butter in a heavy based saucepan. Stir, without boiling, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and simmer while stirring for another 5-6 minutes until the mixture starts to come away from the side of the pan (when you stir, you will clearly see the side or bottom of pan before the mixture covers it up again).
- Click here to get more instructions