Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Creamy, rich healthy Avocado Chocolate Mousse made with avocado, dark chocolate, and maple syrup. You can't taste the avocado! Paleo, vegan and gluten free.
- 4 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate — or chocolate chips, at least 60% dark, about 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 large ripe avocados — (about 8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk Cashewmilk Blend
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional: 1–3 teaspoons light agave nectar — or maple syrup, OK to substitute pure maple syrup, though the flavor will change somewhat
- For serving: fresh raspberries — sliced strawberries, whipped cream (or whipped coconut cream to keep vegan), chocolate shavings
- Place the chopped chocolate or chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave in 15-second bursts, stirring between each and watching carefully so that the chocolate does not burn.
- When the chocolate is almost completely melted, remove it from the microwave and stir until smooth. Set aside and let cool until just barely warm.
- Click here to view full recipe