Roasted Stuffed Pumpkin
- 1 – 4 to 5 pound sugar pumpkin
- 8 cups dried bread cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Place a rack in the center of the oven, and line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Use a sturdy chef’s knife and cut the cap off the pumpkin. Work at a 45-degree angle, and work the knife around the top of the pumpkin.
- Cut the hole large enough to work inside the pumpkin, similar to the method used when carving a jack-o-lantern. Cut the cut-side of the top so it will lay flat. Use a large metal spoon and scoop the seeds and stringy insides of the pumpkin out. Make sure it is nice and clean inside.
- Get full recipe >> Click Here