Thick & Creamy Pumpkin Soup is our family recipe, and a favourite weekly soup! Served with crispy bacon, this soup will become YOUR new favourite soup!
- 2 pounds (1 kg) pumpkin skin and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 medium-sized potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth (stock)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste (if needed)
- 1/2 cup half and half (or light cream)
- 1/2 cooked bacon to serve (optional)
- Fresh parsley to serve (optional)
- Place all ingredients, except cream, in a large pot or saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Take off heat. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth.
- Add the cream and stir through (do not boil after adding cream).
- Read more >> click here