one pot wild rice soup gluten free
Wild Rice Soup made in One Pot for a quick, filling and delicious dinner. A few simple ingredients, flavorful spices and ready under 30 minutes. Easily made as a vegetarian option and as always gluten-free. (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan Friendly)
- 2 Tablespoons butter (or dairy-free alternative)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- 2 quarts chicken broth (switch to vegetable broth for vegan)
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cup chopped white mushrooms
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 cup rice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large 5 quart pot over medium heat melt butter, add onion and minced garlic. Toast for 2-3 minutes. Stir in flour and cook another 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Pour the remaining chicken broth, water, carrots, celery, mushrooms, bay leaf, parsley, thyme, rice, salt and pepper.
- Read full recipe >> Click Here