One Pan Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Cheesy, creamy, zesty and so much easier than spending your day rolling enchiladas up, this sour cream enchilada skillet become your new favorite weeknight meal!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chili powder optional
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 ounces chopped green chiles
- 4 ounces chopped black olives
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 whole corn tortillas cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups colby-jack cheese grated
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat until melted. Stir in flour, cook for 1 minute and whisk in chicken broth. Continue stirring until smooth and thickened-- about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir chipotle chili powder, salt, oregano, green chiles and black olives into the sauce and place chicken breasts into pan.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover and cook about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Get full recipe >> click here