Lightened-Up Creamy Avocado Basil Pesto (no oil added)
A lightened up pesto without any added oil! The secret is using an avocado to get a creamy texture that's unbelievable!
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water, plus more if necessary
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt, to taste
- Add basil, avocado, garlic, pine nuts and lemon juice to a food processor and pulse for 20 seconds or until pesto is chopped. Add in water and process again until completely smooth.
- Get full recipe >> click Here