- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (we like 61 percent cacao)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- Coarsely chop chocolate. A serrated knife is best for the job; its sawlike teeth grab the chocolate, breaking it up.
- Bring cream just to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour over chocolate, and add salt. Let stand for 10 minutes (don't stir -- doing so will cool the ganache too quickly, making it grainy).
- Stir with a whisk until smooth and shiny to break up any pieces and emulsify cream and chocolate.
- Read more instructions >> Click here