crispy pork carnitas (mexican slow cooked pulled pork)
- 4 pounds (or 2 kg) skinless, boneless pork butt (or shoulder)
- 3-4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano ((or Mexican oregano))
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 large brown or white onion (, cut into wedges)
- 8 cloves garlic (, smashed)
- 2 limes (, juiced)
- 2 large oranges (, juiced (or 3/4 cup natural orange juice))
- 3/4 cup coke ((Original or Mexican coke is ideal)*)
- 2 bay leaves
- Rinse and pat dry pork with a paper towel.
- In the bowl of a 6-quart slow cooker, add pork, salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, onion, garlic, lime juice, orange juice, coke, and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8-10 hours, or high heat for 5-6 hours (until the meat falls apart).
- Get full recipe >> Click Here